Great! MCU: ATmega2560. LCD:GDM12864H. ESP8266 for WiFi. 3 things nailed down :). Other considerations are:
- Are we planning to have a USB port? If yes, shall we use an FTDI chip, or the ATmega16U2?
- Can we increase the buttons to 6 (up, down, left, right, enter, exit) now that we have lots of IO pins?
- Are we using size 402 components where possible, or is it a minimum of 603?
- Are the LCD and buttons on a pluggable/unpluggable daughter board or fixed (elevated) to the main board?
- Can we agree on a two pin JST connector for the speaker? And adequately sized FRC connector for LCD or LCD and buttons?
- Again, with a multitude of pins available, lots of memory (and expansion in mind), shall we also include support for an SD card?
- Once all the IO is mapped out, we can make a final decision on IO ports based on the number we want from the available IO pins, and their physical aspects.