Mitsumoto, a leading manufacturer of air, fuel and oil filters based in Nakuru, Kenya, has a job opening for a Maintenance Head.
To coordinate and maintain the plant.
- Ensure maintenance of machinery is done to meet mechanical standards,
- Installation of new machines
- Plan the machine maintenance checklist /schedules and communicate the same with all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot machine failure, provide solutions and guide team to implement solutions
- Ensure that quality and integrity of workmanship is maintained by team.
- Source for machinery spares and ensure optimal stock levels are maintained
- Develop in-house solutions to meet spare part needs
- Conduct random audits of machines
- Manage daily power consumption and ensure adherence by staff.
- Advice management on machinery market trends (e.g. upgrades) to enhance production efficiency
- Develop and maintain machine operating manuals
- Update and review cooling system as per organisation need.
- Update & maintain Electrical wiring diagram for the organisation
- Maintain overall factory building and repair as and when required.
- Maintain & update compressor line system to meet organisation standards/requirement.
- Produce maintenance reports.
- Allocate jobs to subordinates
- Work closely with Human resource department to attract, identify, manage, develop and retain staff within the unit
- Foster and promote collaborative team working and a culture that promotes Mutsimoto values
- Provide mentorship (including on the job training – team members in the use of the right tools for the right job/in machine maintenance and the production team on safe and effective use of machines) and coaching to staff within the unit and conduct evaluation tests
- Develop and execute departmental strategies and work plans in line with organisational objectives
- Prepare unit budgets and track costs against budget
- Ensure effective and transparent resource allocation
- Chair and attend cross functional team (CFT) meetings for troubleshooting, sensitisation/knowledge sharing etc
- BSc Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering or Higher National Diploma in an equivalent discipline
- Registered member of Engineering Society of Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Not less than ten years similar experience; five of which are in a management position
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Understanding of mechanical machines (e.g. power presses, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, working principles and specifications
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Control system (PLC)
- Hand’s on knowledge of electrical systems
- Effective oral and written communication
- Good report writing skills (facts, figures, data, numbers and analysis)
- Self-starters with personal initiative
- Results oriented