Mitsumoto, a leading manufacturer of air, fuel and oil filters based in Nakuru, has a job opening for a Technical Draftsman
To make 3D & 2D technical drawings for all Products, tools / dies / fixtures and machine parts.
- Maintain and update technical drawings register both in soft & hard copy.
- Design meeting secretary and ensure meeting calendar is followed and adhered to.
- To assist in Design Co-ordination by gathering data and making of samples
- Maintain and update design schedule.
- Produce 3D & 2D technical drawings for assigned product range.
- Produce 3D & 2D technical drawings for tools & machine parts.
- Produce workable drawings to be used by machinist to make tools & machine parts.
- Responsible for component technical data correctness.
- Update product files with approved revised technical drawings as and when technical changes are made.
- Ensure technical approvals of all designs by the technical team & Director.
- Impart designing & drawing skills to interns and new employees in the engineering department.
- Performs general clerical functions as may be required or any other duty as and when required by the senior manager.
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to MMCL procedures and regulations.
- Performs other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Foster and promote collaborative team working and a culture that promotes Mutsimoto values
- Attend and support cross functional team (CFT) meetings for troubleshooting, sensitisation/knowledge sharing etc.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering or Higher National Diploma in an equivalent discipline.
- Registered member any professional body is an added advantage.
- At least 2years of work experience in drawing & design roles.
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Pro-efficiency in CAD software preferably Autodesk inventor or AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Parametric design knowledge & standard design practices.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Good report writing skills (using facts, figures, data, numbers and analysis)
- Self-starter with personal initiative
- Results oriented
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to follow through on tasks and projects
- Ability to think logically
- Attention to detail and precision
- Ability to think outside the box